RITUALMUSIK /RITUALKLASSIKER

meinungen und konzertberichte, musik und bild in worten

Moderator: haiwire

Beitragvon SCHRUMBLDID » 29.10.2006 (8:28)

Fleischfresse hat geschrieben:Wurden die Jungs hier schon erwähnt? Hab mir die aufgrund des Steinkl. 2 Samplers mal zugelegt. Es ist zwar nicht alles wie das Beispiel auf erwähnter Compilation, aber dennoch einiges Edles darauf. Für mich zumindest ganz oben.

Bardoseneticcube ist empfehlenswert; nicht alles von ihnen, aber wer sucht, der findet. Das Album "The other heaven" gehört für mich zu DEN "neuen" positiven überraschungen.
Auch ziemlich rituell.
Das von dir angesprochene Album muss ich mir noch zulegen.

Nachfolgendes entstammt einer Mail von taalem (erst vor kurzem bekommen):

* bardoseneticcube "the sacral member" 3"cd-r (alm 36)
Bardoseneticcube is a now well-known artist from russia, with releases on various labels like Drone Records, Steinklang, Athanor or Mechanoise Labs.
for this 3", Bardoseneticcube has looked into his archives and found these two tracks in an ambient/ritual style, sometimes rhythmed by percussions that could remind our dear Internal Fusion. full-colour printed 3" cd-r with artwork by cyril herry.
SCHRUMBLDID

Beitragvon Hogon » 14.11.2006 (18:01)

off the top of my head:

Some (but not all) of the early Allerseelen cassette releases are extremely ritualistic. First of all Lacrima Christi, Autdaruta and maybe Requiem. Morgenrote tape from '88 is waay too crude and pompous to call it ritualistic.

Autopsia's - Requiem Pour Un Empire with tracks from the early 80s also qualifies.

Die Todliche Doris has one incredible song called "Wie still es Im Wald ist" which is totaly ritual.
Hogon

Beitragvon Kenaz » 15.11.2006 (10:42)

:shock: "Wie still es im Wald ist" findest du "totaly ritual"??!! :shock: - Hmmmmm .... ich glaube, wir haben fundamental unterschiedliche Vorstellungen davon, was genau eigentlich unter Ritualmusik zu verstehen ist ...

Was die frühen Allerseelen-Tapes betrifft, pflichte ich dir allerdings vollumfänglich bei und ergänze die genannten Titel um meinen persönlichen Favoriten: das '89er-Tape "Schwartzer Rab".
"Der gebildete Mensch hat die Pflicht, intolerant zu sein." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Kenaz

Beitragvon Hogon » 15.11.2006 (12:33)

oh, use your imagination, for christ's sake ! that what i said was more intended to be a moment of inspiration, but thanks for spoiling it :P

i always somehow managed to get pass the 'Schwarzer Rab' tape. when we are on it - the old Sackristei comp might be worth a shot, anybody heard that ?

Some more names that might be of interest:

what i think is very important and you forgot to mention (and if you did, don't kill me - cause i used the search option) is Masstishadhu, which is a more artsy-fartsy response to the 80s ritual thing that was going on (even a sort of a parody, i would say) and a bit more straightforward-ritual project called Metgubmnerbone. Later durining the 90s, a guy called Sean Breadin from these two projects, started his own project Sedayne.

Nigredo, a portuguese band, should be what we are looking for in the early phase, but i have only their late 90s and post-2000 releases, which are occultism-inspired noise.

Capricorni Pneumatici, which user Dominik already mentioned, early italian industrial band - obviously Ain Soph-influenced, look very interesting by their artwork and website, but i can't get hold of them at all.

i would really like to hear something in the vein of Ain Soph, the 'dirty unholy ritual' thing with a clear background in gregorian tradition. it's a real pity that the music they were doing and were unique in, wasn't exploited a bit more (besides a handfull of their italian contempories).

dont' know whether solo works of Clau-Dedi from Ain Soph were enlisted here, but that goes even without saying, i suppose.

T.A.G.C. - Digitaria. a masterpiece. i think it could pass as ritual also.
Hogon

Beitragvon EF » 15.11.2006 (16:07)

wurden auf den vorherigen 354354 seiten voller bandempfehlungen schon Sigillium S erwähnt ?? (und wenn ja wie oft :wink: )

die haben auch das eine oder andere rituelle frühwerk.

Hybryds wurden bis jetzt auch noch nicht sooo oft genannt.

wie sieht es mit den Wappen des Thodt,Thorn Hoed,Ordo Catharis Templi,Nights Of Pan,etc (also die gesammte hamburger esotherik-bande)aus ??

sind auch irgendwie rituell........................ :?
"Fuer 15 Mark anstehen und dann stundenlang bloss Krach.Wenn ich das Fenster aufmache,habe ich Berlin Atonal kostenlos und solange ich will"
EF

Beitragvon SCHRUMBLDID » 25.11.2006 (16:53)

Hogon hat geschrieben:off the top of my head:

Some (but not all) of the early Allerseelen cassette releases are extremely ritualistic. First of all Lacrima Christi, Autdaruta and maybe Requiem. Morgenrote tape from '88 is waay too crude and pompous to call it ritualistic.

Autopsia's - Requiem Pour Un Empire with tracks from the early 80s also qualifies.

Die Todliche Doris has one incredible song called "Wie still es Im Wald ist" which is totaly ritual.

Die alten Allerseelen-Tapes gehören sicher zurecht ins Ritualterrain und diese wurden bisher gar nicht (oder völlig marginal) erwähnt. Ich persönlich finde zwar andere rituelle Musikweisen besser (COTA !!), aber die alten Allerseelen -Tapes müssen hier erwähnt werden. Hatte diesbezüglich auch schon Streitgespräche (Allerseelenritual vs. Cotaritual)
(wegen dem "Tödliche Doris"-Lied muss ich mich mal erkundigen)
SCHRUMBLDID

Beitragvon Hogon » 01.12.2006 (1:09)

that's a very tricky question. cause there are far more than just two types of ritual sound to classify. almost every band that we enlisted, so far has it's own style and some, like zero kama, even two.

Types:

01. Allerseelen (autdaruta, etc), Zero Kama (Goatherd) - where they pursuited heavily industrialized ritual sound
02. Zero Kama (L.A.Y.L.A.H.), Allerseelen (Lacrima Christi), Psychonaut (Zero Kama's pathetic shallow rip-off band, the release Witch Sabbat, most notably) - predominant traditional tribal/ethnic instruments, almost mantric, very 'eastern sounding'
03. early Ain Soph, Lashtal, early Sigilum - strongly influenced by western gnossis, chanting, somewhat medieval
04. early C93, Diamanda Galas (these two wacko's pair up just great) - type description: whateva
05. 23 Skidoo, Last Few Days, Metgumbnerbone, Vasilisk, Crash Worship - the mantric drumming/hypnotic drone thing
06. Masstishadhu - the false or imitated ritual of non-ethnic origin and completely invented for artistic purposes.

for me, the most important parameter for labeling something as 'ritual' (besides the obvious, esoteric one), is background or connections in 80s industrial music. Hence, the artists that are the 'most ritual' - are those with the tightest bond with the movement (and created during the 80s). later on, during the 90s we have for example endvra, which is quite nice, but far from 80s industrial enevours (don't scowl SCHRUMBLDID - i didn't heard your praised COTA yet :))

i think trance bands like This Morn' Omina are out of the question, would you guys agree ? also i would rule out Het Zweet, despite it's industrial-roots.
Hogon

Beitragvon Kenaz » 01.12.2006 (9:16)

Hogon hat geschrieben:[...] the old Sackristei comp might be worth a shot, anybody heard that ?

- Wenn Du "Hora Aurea" bzw. "Blut und Blüte" meinst, dann möchte ich Dir in vollem Umfang beipflichten: das sind Perlen des Genres, nicht zuletzt auch wegen der enthaltenen Mental Measuretch-Stücke, die m. E. zum Besten gehören, was die beiden jemals veröffentlicht haben (gilt insbesondere für "What He Touches Turns To Excitement").

Hogon hat geschrieben:also i would rule out Het Zweet, despite it's industrial-roots.

- D'accord, wenngleich die Atmosphäre schon ein wenig trancig-rituell daherkommt ... als Ritual im engen, sozusagen "orthodoxen" Sinne würde ich Het Zweet aber auch nicht unbedingt bezeichnen.
"Der gebildete Mensch hat die Pflicht, intolerant zu sein." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Kenaz

Beitragvon SCHRUMBLDID » 03.12.2006 (8:47)

Hogon hat geschrieben:Masstishadhu, which is a more artsy-fartsy response to the 80s ritual thing that was going on

Danke für den Tipp

Hogon hat geschrieben: and a bit more straightforward-ritual project called Metgubmnerbone. Later durining the 90s, a guy called Sean Breadin from these two projects, started his own project Sedayne.
Metgumbnerbone - stimmt !! Aufmerksam auf Metgumbnerbone wurde ich damals beim Hören des phantastischen Samplers "Beast666-Archangels of sex". Die "Ligeiliahorn (o.ä.)-Aufnahme war dann die logische Folge. Jedoch wurde hier im Forum an anderer Stelle irgendwo ein Metgumbnerbone-Tape erwähnt, von dem ich bisher nichts gehört habe.
Von "Sedayne" hab ich auch noch nichts gehört.

Hogon hat geschrieben:Nigredo, a portuguese band, should be what we are looking for in the early phase, but i have only their late 90s and post-2000 releases, which are occultism-inspired noise.

Das weckt Erinnerungen an alte Artware-Bestellungen bei mir, als ich mich mit vielen Tapes von "Maldoror Tapes" eingedeckt habe. (Aphora/Corvu Prettu, Cadavere-Compilation, Sacramentu etc....auch sehr limitierte alte (gute) Runes Order-Tapes).
Aber gerade Aphora/Corvu Prettu/Nigredo waren hörbar billig produziert, aber teilweise ziemlich interessant und "Sacramentu" hör ich sehr gerne.
SCHRUMBLDID

Beitragvon SCHRUMBLDID » 03.12.2006 (9:03)

EF hat geschrieben:wurden auf den vorherigen 354354 seiten voller bandempfehlungen schon Sigillium S erwähnt ?? (und wenn ja wie oft :wink: )
die haben auch das eine oder andere rituelle frühwerk.

Gerade Sigillum S-Veröffentlichungen hätten sich einer expliziteren Ritualuntersuchung unterziehen müssen ;-)
Wer kennt sich schon detaillierter mit Sigillum S-Werken aus !? Ich könnte fast wetten, dass keiner hier mehr als 5-10 Sigillum S-Veröffentlichungen zuhause rumstehen hat und vor allem ältere Tapeveröffentlichungen teilweise darauf warten, aus der unentdeckten SigillumS-Mottenkiste vom Staun befreit zu werden.

EF hat geschrieben:wie sieht es mit den Wappen des Thodt,Thorn Hoed,Ordo Catharis Templi,Nights Of Pan,etc (also die gesammte hamburger esotherik-bande)aus ??
sind auch irgendwie rituell........................ :?

Naja, als habituell-rituell sicher auszuschliessen (wie auch so manch andere genannte Bands). Aus diesem Dunstkreis empfiehlt sich für das Ritualterrain jedoch unbedingt die schon erwähnten "Arcus Arcanum" !!
SCHRUMBLDID

Beitragvon Hogon » 04.12.2006 (0:48)

@ Kenaz

actually i meant "Blut Und Blüte", but "Hora Aurea" is very interesting also. Art Brut V.A. too. and while being there, just saw this on Discogs: Kadmon-Schwarze Sonne

could it be there's more of his old material that we didn't hear ? i'm delighted :)

i knew of, but always avoided Mental Measuretech cause of it's well.. missleading name and some links and colaborations i didn't fancy (like the Dive one or Phalus Dei). Which, for me, at the time, excluded possibilites of them being of interest to me cause those kinds of colabs for a band
that's suppose to have a even remotely ritual sounding - were quite disqualificatory (...i mean f*cking Dirk Ivens :)) - that's probably why i'm still didn't gave Hybryds a fair chance, too.

but, if you say that they are worth it - i'll surely give them a go.

the main thing why i said that bout Het Zweet - is they lack the esoteric component. but then again, if i should stick to my criteria all the way - that's the case with Crash Worship too ;)

@ Schrumbldid

that Maldoror Tape label of your seems very, very interesting ! i'll look it all up on slsk.

Metgumbnerbone is an excellent project - even better than the aforementioned 'Ligeliahorn' release is 'For The Raven' cassette. A obscure, dark atmosphere, in glimpses and inklings, anticipation and unspeakable, never in full furore. very sophisticated. maybe resemblent to some moments of Shinjuku Thief's 'Witch Triologies', i would say. there are 2 more cassettes if im not wrong. Brothers Philip and Richard Rupenus of seminal industrial/noise band The New Blockaders are Metbumbnerbone with Sean Brendin. Richard R. also was in Masstishadhu.

And Sedayne... here [to spare you clicking more then one time to get infos you need on them]:
Sedayne-Discogs
Sedayne Official

Wer kennt sich schon detaillierter mit Sigillum S-Werken aus !? Ich könnte fast wetten, dass keiner hier mehr als 5-10 Sigillum S-Veröffentlichungen zuhause rumstehen hat und vor allem ältere Tapeveröffentlichungen teilweise darauf warten, aus der unentdeckten SigillumS-Mottenkiste vom Staun befreit zu werden.

i think you just pinpointed the Achilles heal of this little online circle of ritual-connoisseurs. i also didn't went further than "Hhard", early compilation tracks compiled release "Death Disturbance" and "Simulacra" !! :)

now, off to find 'Songs of Neuropa' somewhere...
Hogon

Beitragvon SCHRUMBLDID » 05.12.2006 (9:09)

Hogon hat geschrieben:Crash Worship - the mantric drumming/hypnotic drone thing

Wäre schön, wenn diese alten Crash Worship-Aufnahmen irgendwann mal wiederveröffentlicht werden.

Hogon hat geschrieben:for me, the most important parameter for labeling something as 'ritual' (besides the obvious, esoteric one), is background or connections in 80s industrial music. Hence, the artists that are the 'most ritual' - are those with the tightest bond with the movement (and created during the 80s). later on, during the 90s we have for example endvra, which is quite nice, but far from 80s industrial enevours (don't scowl SCHRUMBLDID - i didn't heard your praised COTA yet :))

Zustimmung !! 80s-Ritual scheint gegenüber dem "90s-Ritual" aus einer anderen (besseren) Welt zu kommen.
Aber COTA: I scowl :) Ihre erste Veröffentlichung (Terra-Tape) ist genial, wenn auch von der Art her wiederum natürlich kaum zu vergleichen mit beispielsweise typisch-altem 80er-Ritual a`la Tasadays "Riflessi..-Tape o.ä.
Und was COTA vs.Allerseelen betrifft, so muss ich sagen, dass trotz Germanenflair und Rabengeschrei viele Allerseelen-Lieder im Gegensatz zu COTA`s Terra-Tape mir einfach zu langweilig und unmitreissend sind.
SCHRUMBLDID

Beitragvon Kenaz » 06.12.2006 (16:30)

Hogon hat geschrieben:but, if you say that they are worth it - i'll surely give them a go.

- Obacht! In puncto Mental Measuretech will ich mich nur auf die angesprochenen Beiträge zu "Hora Aurea" und "Blut und Blüte" bezogen wissen! :!: ... Denn ungeachtet Ihrer über die Maßen verdienstvollen und nicht hoch genug zu schätzenden Arbeit für das gesamte Industrialgenre bzw. insbesondere die Subgenres Apocalyptic Folk und Ritual hier in Deutschland, haben Rose und Willi mit Mental Measuretech in der Tat größtenteils billigen Drumcomputergrützkram abgeliefert; die "Songs from Neuropa" halte ich jedenfalls - sieht man von dem bereits erwähnten "What He Touches ...." und der absolut grandiosen "Todesfuge" einmal ab - für maßlos überschätzt.

SCHRUMBLDID hat geschrieben:Und was COTA vs.Allerseelen betrifft, so muss ich sagen, dass trotz Germanenflair und Rabengeschrei viele Allerseelen-Lieder im Gegensatz zu COTA`s Terra-Tape mir einfach zu langweilig und unmitreissend sind.

- Das hast Du wirklich schön gesagt ... :wink:
Kenaz

Beitragvon Kenaz » 06.12.2006 (16:35)

Ach ja, eh' ich's vergess':
Hogon hat geschrieben:[...] and while being there, just saw this on Discogs: Kadmon-Schwarze Sonne

could it be there's more of his old material that we didn't hear ? i'm delighted :)

- Glaub' mir: Wenn Du die nicht kennst, hast Du beim allerbesten Willen nichts verpasst! :roll:
Kenaz

Beitragvon disorder » 13.12.2006 (11:58)

Schmerzsucht hat geschrieben:Kennt einer von Euch denn Zahgurim - Moral Rearmament?

Hab die Platte grad mehr zufällig bei Ebay erstanden. Sehr geil!
Die Welt ist debil!
disorder

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu from 3" to 12" - from dvd to real life